How To Make Moka Pot Coffee
The moka pot is a classic brewing method with Italian origins - it's easy to use and produces phenomenal espresso using steam pressure and heat to create a strong coffee concentrate. Here's a guide on how to brew perfect espresso using a moka pot.
- A moka pot
- Hot water
- A teaspoon
- Coffee ground for espresso
- Pop your kettle on and once boiled, fill the bottom compartment of your moka pot with hot water until it reaches the release valve.
- Add in 3 - 4 teaspoons of espresso ground coffee into the filter basket, enough to form a small pile.
- Lightly tap the basket on a flat surface to allow the coffee to settle, but do not compress it.
- Carefully place the basket into the bottom compartment with hot water being careful not to burn yourself.
- Use a kitchen towel to hold the bottom as you screw the upper collection chamber on.
- Place the moka pot on your stove and keep the heat on medium-low.
- Once coffee starts pouring into the upper chamber, wait 20 - 30 seconds before taking off the heat.
- Pour immediately into your desired cup, or if you wish to wait before pouring, cool down the bottom chamber in cold water to stop the coffee from "cooking" further. Enjoy!