How To Make Moka Pot Coffee
At Alpaca Coffee, we are big fans of the moka pot. It captures the complete flavour profile of our range of ethically sourced, sustainable specialty coffee. The moka pot is a classic brewing method with Italian origins, using steam pressure and heat to create a strong coffee concentrate.
Here's a guide on how to brew perfect espresso using a moka pot.
✔️ You'll need:
- A moka pot
- Hot water
- A teaspoon
- Coffee ground for espresso
- Pop your kettle on and once boiled, fill the bottom compartment of your moka pot with hot water until it reaches the release valve.
- Add in 3 - 4 teaspoons of espresso ground coffee into the filter basket, enough to form a small pile.
- Lightly tap the basket on a flat surface to allow the coffee to settle, but do not compress it.
- Carefully place the basket into the bottom compartment with hot water being careful not to burn yourself.
- Use a kitchen towel to hold the bottom as you screw the upper collection chamber on.
- Place the moka pot on your stove and keep the heat on medium-low.
- Once coffee starts pouring into the upper chamber, wait 20 - 30 seconds before taking off the heat.
- Pour immediately into your desired cup, or if you wish to wait before pouring, cool down the bottom chamber in cold water to stop the coffee from "cooking" further. Enjoy!
🔥 Did you know?
Sustainability is at the core of Alpaca Coffee. Our packaging is 100% plastic-free and home compostable, in addition to the amazing specialty coffee we offer. We are also partnering with One Tree Planted - For every 10 bags of coffee sold, Alpaca Coffee will plant one tree in the Amazonian forest.