Making French Press Coffee
The french press is a simple way for you to produce a thick, full-bodied cup of coffee through immersion. Additionally, it is low-maintenance and a great method for when you need a quick, easy way to enjoy coffee. Here's a guide on how to brew the perfect French press coffee.
- A french press
- A kettle
- A spoon
- 20g ground coffee (coarse)
- Weigh out your coffee, we recommend 20g, however adjust according to taste.
- While you put your kettle to boil with around 350ml of water, add your coffee grounds to your french press.
- Pour your freshly boiled water onto your coffee grounds in a clockwise motion.
- Let the coffee brew for 2 minutes, then using a spoon stir to break the crust that will have formed on the top.
- Let sit for another 2 minutes so the grounds can settle before plunging halfway, using the mesh filter as a strainer.
- Pour the freshly brewed coffee into your favourite mug and enjoy!