How To Make Dalgona Coffee Using Real Coffee | Espresso
If you haven't been living under a rock for the last year, it's a sure bet that you've come across the Dalgona Coffee trend – a whipped foam from instant coffee, sugar and hot water.
As coffee enthusiasts, we are not necessarily the biggest fan of instant coffee. This is why we have created our own Dalgona Coffee recipe with real espresso ☕ – Give it a go! 🧑🏻🍳
✔️ You'll need:
- Ground coffee (medium to dark roast)
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Moka pot
- Your choice of milk
- Ice for serving
- Brew an espresso with your moka mot and ground coffee. Check out our brew guide if this is your first time.
- In the meantime, add your sugar to a separate bowl.
- When the first stream of espresso enters the upper chamber of the moka pot, remove from the heat and add 2 tablespoons of espresso to the sugar.
- Return the moka pot to the heat immediately and allow the espresso to brew as normal.
- Vigorously whisk the sugar and coffee together until it turns into a pale, thick sugar foam. Add more espresso if needed.
- Prepare a tall glass with ice and your milk of choice. Optionally, you can add in the rest of your espresso to the milk at this point too. Top with the espresso foam and serve.
We recommend trying this recipe with our signature Pachamama Blend. Feel free to experiment with Alpaca Coffee's range of ethically sourced specialty coffees in completely sustainable, plastic free, compostable packaging. Show us your Dalgona Coffee by tagging us @alpacacoffeeuk on Instagram.