Cuban Coffee (Cafécito) Recipe
Yes! We said it!
We’re talking about Cuban Coffee, also known as Cafécito!
Made with strong espresso and topped with a thick sugar foam called espumita, this drink is often drunk after every meal or even as a replacement for dessert in Cuban cuisines. Here’s how to make it!
✔️ You'll need:
- Ground coffee (medium to dark roast)
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Moka pot
- Brew an espresso with your moka mot and ground coffee. Check out our brew guide if this is your first time.
- Add the sugar to a separate bowl.
- When the first stream of espresso enters the upper chamber of the moka pot, remove from the heat and add a couple of drops of espresso to the sugar.
- Return the moka pot to the heat immediately and allow the espresso to brew as normal.
- Vigorously whisk the sugar and coffee together until it turns into a pale, thick sugar foam - the espumita. Add more espresso if needed.
- Once the espresso has been brewed, serve in espresso cups and add the sugar foam on top. Stir and enjoy!
We recommend using our signature Pachamama Blend with this recipe. Have fun experimenting with our selection of ethically sourced specialty coffee in 100% plastic-free and compostable packaging. Tag us @alpacacoffeeuk on Instagram in your Cuban Coffee photo for a chance to be featured. ☕
(Photo: A Sassy Spoon)