Cold Brew Coffee Ice Cream with Chocolate Chunks Recipe
We are in the midst of summer, and today is World Chocolate Day. What better pairing than chocolate and coffee! We're coming at you with an awesome cold brew coffee ice cream recipe with chocolate chunks:
✔️ You'll need:
- 2/3 cup coarsely ground coffee
- 2 cups milk of your choice (the creamier the better)
- 1 cup heavy cream (vegan or normal)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp milk of your choice
- 100g chopped or grated dark chocolate
- Mix one cup of milk with the ground coffee, ideally in a cafetière (french press) and steep over night in the refrigerator.
- The next day, fill a large bowl with ice water and place a mixing bowl in the water.
- Add the other cup of milk, heavy cream, sugar, vanilla extract and the steeped coffee milk (straining the coffee grounds with the cafetière plunger) to a saucepan. Bring to medium heat, around 3 - 5 minutes.
- Mix together the two tbsp of cornstarch and milk in a separate bowl until combined, whisk into the saucepan with the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook the mixture for 2-3 minutes whisking the entire time.
- Add the mixture to the mixing bowl in the ice bath and let it cool for 30 minutes.
- After the mixture has cooled, add the chocolate chunks.
- If using an ice cream churner, add the mixture and churn according to the machine's settings. If churning by hand, pour the mixture into a freezer friendly container and place in the freezer, removing and mixing the mixture vigorously every 45 minutes or so.
- After several hours, the ice cream should have hardened. Serve and enjoy!
We recommend you to try this recipe with our single-origin Brazil São Luiz coffee, with notes of chocolate swiss roll, toffee, and sweet clementine. You can even consider Coffee Taster Pack and Los Clásicos Bundle if you are feeling adventurous. Play with our range of ethically sourced specialty coffees in completely sustainable, plastic-free, and compostable packaging.