It's bank holiday weekend, which means it's time to treat yourself, and what better way to do that than with a cappuccino pavlova! This is a recipe adapted from Nigella Lawson.
- 4 egg whites
- 250g caster sugar
- 4 tsp instant espresso powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 300 ml whipping cream
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 180C/375F/Gas 4 and line a tray with baking parchment paper.
- Mix the sugar and espresso powder in a bowl and set aside.
- In a metal bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Gradually add in the sugar mixture one tablespoon at a time.
- Once all the sugar has been incorporated, whisk in the cornflour and vanilla extract.
- Dollop the mixture onto the baking tray and form a large circle, or several small circles for individual pavlovas.
- Put this in the oven and turn down to 150C/300F/Gas 2 immediately, cook for 1 hour.
- Once the pavlova(s) is cooked, remove it from the oven and let cool.
- In the meantime, whisk the cream until thickened.
- To finish, place the pavlova(s) on a serving plate, top with cream and sieved cocoa powder on top (it should look like a cappuccino!).
Why not try our beautiful Brazilian single origin coffee with notes of hazelnut, dark chocolate and fig to pair with this recipe? All our packaging is 100% plastic free and home compostable!