Cappuccino Pavlova Recipe
It's bank holiday weekend, which means it's time to treat yourself, and what better way to do that than with a cappuccino pavlova! A meringue-based dessert with a crisp crust and soft, light inside goes perfect with the decadence of Alpaca Coffee's quality specialty coffee.
This is a recipe adapted from Nigella Lawson.
✔️ You'll need:
- 4 egg whites
- 250g caster sugar
- 4 tsp instant espresso powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 300 ml whipping cream
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 180C/375F/Gas 4 and line a tray with baking parchment paper.
- Mix the sugar and espresso powder in a bowl and set aside.
- In a metal bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Gradually add in the sugar mixture one tablespoon at a time.
- Once all the sugar has been incorporated, whisk in the cornflour and vanilla extract.
- Dollop the mixture onto the baking tray and form a large circle, or several small circles for individual pavlovas.
- Put this in the oven and turn down to 150C/300F/Gas 2 immediately, cook for 1 hour.
- Once the pavlova(s) is cooked, remove it from the oven and let cool.
- In the meantime, whisk the cream until thickened.
- To finish, place the pavlova(s) on a serving plate, top with cream and sieved cocoa powder on top (it should look like a cappuccino!).
We recommend you to try this recipe with our single-origin Brazil São Luiz coffee, with notes of chocolate swiss roll, toffee, and sweet clementine. You can even consider Coffee Taster Pack and Los Clásicos Bundle if you are feeling adventurous. Play with our range of ethically sourced specialty coffees in completely sustainable, plastic-free, and compostable packaging.